Introduction: What It's All About

About Me

    Yo, my name is Quentin Rivera, and welcome to the blog. I'm a long-time battle shonen fan, my favorites include One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4. I'm pursuing screenwriting and writing,  and while reading/watching battle shonen I have tended to note how many of them use similar tropes and plots. So that's why I wanted to discuss the things that I have noticed for others to use in their own writings. 


About The Blog

    To clarify, this blog is purely about battle shonen like Bleach or Jujutsu Kaisen, and not shonen like Death Note or Gurren Lagann. Battle shonen follows different trends and tropes, which are exactly what I want to look at. The main goal of this blog is to look at writing tropes found in battle shonen manga/anime and to understand what some series do right and others get wrong, for both writers and fans of the genre. 

Here are the types of discussion you'll see on the blog

  • Highlighting stand out instances of tropes in the genre
  • Comparisons of series using similar tropes
  • An in-depth look at where common tropes of the genre stem from
  • Deep Dives on Series
  • Looking at core concepts of Battle Shonen 
  • Current trends in the genre

About You

     For new fans of the genre, they can learn more about where the tropes come from and stand out examples, while veteran fans can see examples of tropes falling flat since they probably know most of the good examples. I'm open for discussion and want to see what others have to say so let me know in the comments if you have a different point of view.

 

That's all I have to say right now, stay tuned for posts from me, and have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antagonistic Force: Golden Wind, La Squadra

Power Systems: One Piece, Part 2 Haki